Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a day...

Amidst devoting my weekend to studying for my upcoming CNIM exam, I did take some time to continue my training for the upcoming 5K. Can't believe it's only 1 month away now! Today's workout was a five minute warm-up walk, followed by 25 straight minutes of running (well jogging in my case). I wasn't feeling good about this work out as the past couple of days my calves and knees have been aching incredibly. Nonetheless, Lily and I set out for the longest run we have done since starting our training, and to my great surprise, WE FINISHED IT! I felt so accomplished. I know in the grand scheme of things, especially compared to other friends of mine who run, that 25 minutes of jogging is essentially child's play in the running world, but for me it is a HUGE accomplishment. I was very proud of myself for finishing it and just for sticking with my training in general. We were able to run outside today, which I think helped considerably, so I think we will try to maintain that element as the weather permits, for the duration of training.

I feel like I am on such a high right now. I feel good and I'm glad to know that our training is slowly, but surely paying off. Now I just hope to have this kind of success with the exam on Friday. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment