Thursday, March 10, 2011

Staying positive...

Monday morning I ran the full 5k distance (without timing myself) just to see how it would go. I did in fact finish, which is giving me confidence for Saturday's race, however I felt wiped after the last mile. That may have something to do with the fact that the last .75mile was uphill, but what if it wasn't? I feel like I have worked so hard for this race, so I don't just want to finish it, I want to finish it strong. Today I decided to go for a twenty minute run and see how far I would get. I started out sluggish and was having difficulty finding my stride, but still managed to finish mile 1 in the 11-12pace range. However at 22 minutes I was still short of my 2 mile mark. Not exactly where I was hoping to finish for today, but it's definitely eons from where I began two and half months ago. So I've decided that's what I'm going to focus on (and cling to) today. I may not be where I want to be, but I am certainly improving. In another month, who knows how much better I will be. Just have to stay positive. :)

On another positive note, my sister comes tomorrow for a weekend visit! I haven't seen her since Christmas, and I can't wait to hang out with her again. I feel blessed to be so close to my siblings and love that we all try to stay in touch living apart from one another. It will be wonderful to spend some time with her and introduce her to my Illinois "family"...not to mention celebrate the festival of Green lights (and beer!). No doubt, some great stories to come (and of course, be shared).

No comments:

Post a Comment