Sunday, March 20, 2011

The 5k post...finally

Okay, so maybe it's a week late, but here is my post about my first 5K! First, the stats.
Time: 39:35
Pace: 12:45
Age place: 80/93
Overall place: 876/1106

Maybe to some this is not all that impressive, but I'm very proud of it. My two goals were to run the whole thing and to do it in under 40 minutes, both of which I achieved. Therefore, I consider it a success.

Another plus is that I no longer completely loathe running. YAY! That's what I was waiting to happen the entire time I trained, and it finally did. I've actually kept up with my running since the race as well, and I'm hoping to do a couple more races in the near future. I don't know that I will ever get into running quite to the extent as some of my other friends (Queenie :D ), but I'm enjoying the health benefits of it and I think the 5k distance is a good fit for now.

The best part of this 5k though, was running it with 8 friends and my sister (not that I actually ran it with them...they are all faster than me). It was great to share the experience with them and definitely made the experience more enjoyable. Here is a group shot of all of us after the race!


This was followed by breakfast and beer! haha. Gotta love the Green Lights festivities. :)

(In case you were wondering, I'm front and center, sporting the green headband.)

No comments:

Post a Comment