Friday, January 28, 2011

Just for fun...

A friend posted this little game in her blog the other day, and I really enjoyed the idea and format of it, so I'm swiping it for this post.

The "Then and Now" Me

10 years ago I was:
  • 14 years old and in 8th grade - what a monumental year!
  • Participated in the sports of soccer and basketball
  • Loved math and English, and was usually bored with science. (Ironic!)
  • Raising my third steer for the county fair 
  • A counselor-in-training for 4-H summer camp - good times!!
5 years ago I was:
  • Declaring my major at NDC - Biology...now do you see the irony?
  • Living in Cleveland, and enjoying the freedom that comes with college life and not living at home
  • Reading "Pride&Prejudice" by Jane Austen for the first time and falling in love with the story...and the infamous Mr. Darcy
  • Trying my hand at running - yes this is something I just can't seem to get away from.  
  • Expanding my musical tastes and collection through the diverse suggestions of fellow college peers
1 year ago I was:
  • Just starting out in my job as an IOM tech 
  • Being relocated to Illinois, where I didn't know a soul 
  • Living with co-workers in the BNN real-world house - a very interesting experience 
  • Learning the art of weight-training...really need to get back into that!
  • Trying to meet new people and make friends in a post-college life 
Yesterday I
  • Realized how comfortable I have become with my job and the skills it takes to do it.
  • Spent time with my friends (my IL family) and realized that they are the reason my sanity remains intact
  • Skyped with my family - miss them a bunch! 
  • Came up with some inexpensive vacation/roadtrip ideas for my friends and I
  • Reconnected with some friends from college
Today I
  • Have finally caught up with my blog
  • Indulged in a couple episodes of How I Met your Mother
  • Ate yogurt covered raisins for breakfast - yum! 
  • Will run with Lily and continue our training for the 5k 
  • Am happy it's Friday...and happy with where I am at in life and who I am
5 songs I know all the words to
  • Born to Fly - Sara Evans
  • Cheek to Cheek - Frank Sinatra
  • Sound of Sunshine - Michael Franti
  • I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
  • Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson
5 things I'd do with 1 million dollars
  • Pay off my student loans
  • Donate some to causes I support 
  • Pay off my parents house
  • Take more time off work for volunteer trips 
  • Travel (and perhaps buy a small condo) in Europe or South America
5 favorite TV shows:
  • How I Met Your Mother - hands down my favorite!  
  • Friends
  • The Office - both the U.S. and UK versions.
  • HGTV shows
  • Law & Order: SVU
5 biggest joys
  • My family and friends
  • Traveling
  • Dancing
  • Music
  • Summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment